Update – May 15, 2020
Thank you so much for your faithfulness and dedication through these last several weeks. Together we have dealt with some very unique challenges, but God has continued to move and work in great ways through Grace Church and through you. As we move forward and begin to envision what’s next for us, we want to give you some updates on how Grace plans to move forward. Please watch this short video from Pastor Jeff to hear some of those details.
On March 24, 2020 we made the difficult decision to suspend ALL Ohio in-person church services and programming until further notice. This was in response to Ohio Gov. DeWine’s order on large gatherings to help slow the spread of COVID-19 through social distancing.
Although the order does make an exception for religious activities, we wanted to come alongside our community to help in this effort.
Below you will find details on what that means for different ministries and groups as well as some answers to questions you might have.
- We have suspended live weekend services.
- We have online-only services on Saturdays at 5pm and 6:45pm and Sundays at 9am and 10:45am.
- You can find those services at live.graceohio.org and at facebook.com/gracechurchbath
- In addition to our online services, we plan to open a version of in-person services again on June 13-14. Stay tuned these next few weeks for more details.
Groups & Classes
- We are pausing all on-site and off-site groups and classes until further notice (This includes all Life Groups, Classes, Connect Groups, Discovery, Celebrate Recovery, Families Facing Addiction and Bible Studies)
- Even though we are pausing programing, we encourage you to contact the office or your leaders, as most groups are beginning to meet virtually. We would love to help connect you to these communities.
- You can still build relationships by trying a Life Group that is staying connected digitally! We will recommend a group that you can continue to meet with when in-person programming resumes. Request a Life Group recommendation HERE!
- Please contact your group or class leader with any questions you might have. In addition, you can always contact the Adult Ministries team anytime at email@example.com
- POWER Kids will not be meeting until further notice, but we still want to stay connected with you.
- Follow POWER Kids on Facebook (@powerkidsbathcampus), Youtube & Instagram (@bathpowerkids) for the latest updates from the POWER Kids team.
- Download the Parent Cue app for great resources for families, plus each weekend’s planned Bible Story.
- We will be sending out a weekly email with content and resources from the POWER Kids team.
- Check out these age specific Spotify playlists with POWER Kids music!
- Check out these YouTube channels:
- Student Ministries will not be meeting until further notice, but we still want to stay connected with you.
- Please check us out on Instagram (@gsm_bath), Facebook (facebook.com/gsmbath) and YouTube Channel for devotionals, challenges, live online-only events, and ways to stay connected.
- Students, during this time, we’d love to interact with you on our social channels, so please dialogue with us and connect with us there.
- If you are a student and you have a need arise, please email Pastor Todd (firstname.lastname@example.org), Zoe (email@example.com), or John (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call our church office at 330-666-8341.
Collective College Ministry
- Collective College Ministry will not be meeting until further notice, but we still want to stay connected with you.
- Follow Collective College Ministry on Instagram (@gcm_collective) for updates, encouragement, sharing and fun.
- Download our Grace Church app (search Grace Ohio) and watch for updates. Please make sure to turn on notifications.
- Thursday’s we won’t meet together in person, but we will have a pre-recorded online Collective video for weekly encouragement.
- In addition, discussion topics and questions will be available to you. We encourage you to meet and discuss with your peers in healthy and creative ways.
- If you are a college-aged individual and you have a need arise, please email Pastor Brad (email@example.com), Travis (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Josiah (email@example.com) or call our church office at 330-666-834.
All GAMEDAY practices and games for the remainder of this season have been canceled.
All other Sports Ministry programming and meetings are being postponed. All sports Connect Groups (basketball, volleyball, softball) are suspended indefinitely.
Any Sports Ministry planning meetings (including Grace Race and Sports Days Camps) are all being postponed until further notice.
We encourage all Sports Ministry volunteers and participants to use this time as an opportunity to pursue relationships and community in healthy and creative ways.
And, of course, you can pray! We would encourage all those involved in Sports Ministry to use this unique time to invest in your walk with God through prayer and personal Bible study.
- Based on the consistent updates of avoiding non-essential travel, the threat of spreading the virus to our Haitian brothers and sisters, the status of their ability to respond medically, and our understanding of possible quarantines both in Haiti and upon returning to the US, we have decided to cancel the Student Ministries Haiti team in July. One of the exciting things about being passionate to “do hard things” is not only being willing to go to hard places like Haiti, but also to go when it’s hard. So, we tend to purposefully wait to see how things develop.
- We will work with any traveler logistically, of course, regarding canceled/postponed trips.
- If your team is currently in the middle of preparing to go at a date in the future (most likely after the duration of the Governor’s order), the Global Ministries department and/or your team leader will stay in touch about various ways to stay virtually connected and ways to individually move forward in your personal preparations.
- All of our summer Missions Trips that have been canceled are strategically being refocused on local initiatives.
- If you have questions, please reach out to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to help our missionaries serve their communities with things like food, medical care, and other essential items please fill out the Global Crisis Response form below.
Our Care Ministry is available and eager to help you. If you would like someone to call and pray with you, a pastor to talk to, or help connecting with the right resources, please fill out our connection card for the quickest response.
DO YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW NEED PHYSICAL ASSISTANCE?
If you or someone you know has a need such as groceries, errands, or a similiar need please let us know by filling out the form below and someone from our Give It Away team will connect with you to see how we can help.
- If you have an urgent need, please call our on-call pastor number at 937-601-8341.
- We are not doing in-person hospital visitations at this time to support the recommended social distancing guidelines. However, we would love to support and encourage you and your loved ones with a phone call from a pastor or someone on our care team. Please let us know by filling out our connection card.
FUNERALS & WEDDINGS
- We are still available to help with any needs regarding funerals and weddings. We can help plan, officiate and facilitate these events through the duration of the Governor’s Order and beyond.
- Please contact our Care team by calling our church office at 330-666-8341 or email them at email@example.com
HELP WITH FOOD
We are so thankful for all the ways that each of you showed up to support local families during this difficult time!
As of now, we will be ending our food collection at the church. As we have talked with our city partners, they feel their families are in a more stable place.
Because of your participation, we were able to pass out more than 400 face masks and care packages as well as be a part of serving over 1600 bags of groceries to local families alongside our city partners.
If you have food that was already purchased for this, we will be accepting those donations at the offices during normal business hours. (Mon - Wed, 9am-2pm or Thurs. 9am - 1pm).
If you know of someone who has a need, please fill out the form below and we will do our best to meet that need.
If you have questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
HELP WITH FACE MASKS
We will no longer be collecting face masks at the Ghent Rd. location. If you have masks to drop off you may take them to the church offices at 211 N Cleveland Massillon Rd. during regular business hours. Monday - Wednesday (9am - 2pm and Thursday 9am-1pm).
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
WHAT ARE YOUR OFFICE HOURS?
- Effective Tuesday, March 24 our offices are closed. You can reach us by phone 9:30 – 1:00, Monday – Thursday at 330-666-8341.
WHAT DO I DO IF I NEED TO CONTACT A PASTOR, NEED PRAYER, OR HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
- If you have non-urgent questions or needs please fill out our Connection Card for the quickest response.
- If you have an urgent need, please call our on-call pastor number at 937-601-8341.
I AM IN NEED OF CHILDCARE, CAN THE CHURCH HELP?
- At this time, we are unable to officially coordinate childcare needs. We strongly encourage everyone to individually respond to needs in each of our networks and in the community.
- We are pausing all programming through April 3. If you have any questions regarding reservations already made in our building please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO GIVE ONLINE
- Go to bath.gracechurches.org/give
- Enter the amount you’d like to give
- Under “Campus” select “Grace Ohio – Bath“
- For your regular tithe or offering, use the designation “General Fund-Bath”
- Click on “Next” to fill in your payment information and then click “Submit“
HOW TO SET UP REPEATING GIVING
- If you are interested in setting up repeating giving, check out this 2 minute tutorial: