About the Leaders:
What do you enjoy spending your time doing?
- Josh – I enjoy playing guitar, listening to music, and rollerblading/rollerskating. I also enjoy playing disc golf.
- Marisa – I love to do crafts of any kind, but I especially enjoy holiday crafting.
What are people surprised to learn about you?
- Josh – I’m surprisingly good at rollerskating. I actually learned how to roller skate as early as I can remember, and even before then. My parents used to take me to a rink back in Pittsburgh where I grew up and I’ve loved it ever since.
- Marisa – I have a degree in Forensic Psychology and at one point was pursuing a career in criminal profiling. Also, I was a power lifter and even placed in a state competition.
When was a time that serving others made an impact on your life?
- Josh – Being able to serve people by playing on the worship band actually impacted me full-circle. I remember when I first came to Grace Church, specifically, the worship band and music was the first thing that truly opened my heart up to what God wanted to say through the songs and the message of the sermons. Joining the worship band allowed me to serve others in the same way God used the band to serve me when I first came to the church.
- Marisa – The first time I went on a young adult Mexico missions trip. I had always thought that missions trips were something you do to serve others. I never realized the impact it made on you as well. We had made a plan for a VBS for 80 children and ended up with 132 kids instead. The kids didn’t care that their craft wasn’t perfect; they still learned the story of Jesus and bonded with us at the same time. That first year I went, I learned that it doesn’t matter what plan(s) you have, because what is more important is God’s plan and spreading the Gospel. This serving opportunity taught me to let go of the control I thought I had and to have peace in whatever happens.
What is a Life Group?
The purpose of Life Groups is to make disciples who Know It, Live It, and Give It Away by sharing life together. No matter your age or season of life, these groups offer the best way for you to get connected at Grace Church and build meaningful relationships. Feel free to try a few groups, be a guest a few times, and then join the one that best fits you and your family.