About the Leaders:
What do you enjoy spending your time doing?
- Jacki- I enjoy being outside, hanging out with my family and friends, reading, and playing board games.
- Shaun- I enjoy new gadgets, playing board games, and watching The Office.
What are people surprised to learn about you?
- Jacki- I occasionally like to pull out my sewing machine and make a quilt. Our house is filled with ill-made but lovingly created quilts.
- Shaun- Because of Jacki’s inability to cut fabric in straight lines, her quilting projects are all family projects. Don’t let her lie to you.
When was a time that serving others made an impact on your life?
- Jacki- I’ve had the privilege to serve all over the world and it’s all made such a difference in the person I am today. The time that sticks out the most for me is when I went to Thailand on a disaster relief trip after the devastating tsunami that hit in 2004. The local church that we partnered with was serving from a place of deep grief and ragged faith. It was a combination I had never before seen displayed right beside each other. Coming along side them in that time and helping in any way I could was a powerful experience that I will never forget.
- Shaun- As a child, I went with my church to serve meals at a homeless shelter in a nearby city. I’m from a small farming community and had never been exposed to any thing like that. As we continued to serve there, I started to see the men and women we were serving as real humans with a real story who were loved by a real God. As an adult, I have had the opportunity to serve meals at Haven of Rest in Akron and take my sons. It has been a powerful experience to watch them learn that empathy and for me to pass on a legacy of caring for others.
What is a Life Group?
The purpose of Life Groups is to make disciples who Know It, Live It, and Give It Away by sharing life together. No matter your age or season of life, these groups offer the best way for you to get connected at Grace Church and build meaningful relationships. Feel free to try a few groups, be a guest a few times, and then join the one that best fits you and your family.